Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Princess Festival!!!


So, on June 13 Abby and her cousin Ella went to the Princess Festival in Lindon. Apparently this is done every year, it is a non-profit organization called "In our Own Quiet Way" that donates money to children and families in Kenya, so the cost of our wonderful experience went to a good cause as well and gave the kids something really fun to do!
This place was private property owned by some guy who built a castle in his backyard for his grandkids- can you believe it?! Also, there was a cottage there and a huge lawn and a huge, enclosed playground! The only problem was that it was rainy when we got there so we had to keep the actual princess adventure inside and it was meant to be outside, but the girls didn't mind (we took most of these photos after it was over)!


They had a station there that was only $2 to get your hair done like a princess, but we go there too late, so I did her hair myself in 10 mintues, I think I did rather well...







This was when we first got there- before I did her hair...

All in all, the girls had a pretty fun time- they might have been a bit young to get what was going on with the adventure and Abby didn't want to leave my side, but I am definitely going to do this again next year- it was so beautiful!!!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Do you know if that's the same place they hold the Timpanogos Story-telling Festival? It looks like it. If so, I've been there before and it is very beautiful. What a fun thing to do!