Saturday, November 8, 2008

Abby's Birthday Party

So, today we had Abby's birthday party. We had a bead bracelet making station, a crown making station, and of course, the ever popular pinata- if only we had more than one kid come!This is the money show of when Lucas broke the pinata- sorry that you can see his butt- we try, really we do, but his pants just don't stay up!!!
Lucas, Abby, and Jessica (our one guest) going through the spoils- there were plenty to be had for only the three of them.
Isn't she pretty?
Here is the cake that Shawn and I spent the morning (well, after I got home from work) decorating- I think it came out quite nicely. We wanted to try our hand at making a traditional cake and then covering it instead of doing a unique shape- I'm pretty proud of it for our amateur attempts.
Abby is so much Shawn's daughter- she doesn't know how to make a normal face for a photo!
She had just blown out the candle- just missed it.
Thankfully Abby had a great time with her one friend and I am very grateful that our kids have built in friends in each other. I held it together really well for the party and even when Jessica's Mom came and visited for a bit. Then I shut the door and cried. I know- I cry easily, but that is the way it is! Abby didn't notice any slight- she was totally fine, I am glad that she is young enough not to take it personally. Thankfully we did have a couple of kids whom we had invited come early and drop off presents because they couldn't come- that helped me feel better. All in all, the kids had fun and that is what matters, right?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have cried too! I'm so sorry we couldn't come. It looked so fun! Jacob and Isabel are up in Idaho for the week... The cake is so cute! Good job!

See you soon! (Hopefully!)

Shanna Hartzell said...

What a fun party. Of course the cake is fantastic but I wouldn't expect anything less from you : ) What a fun idea to have a bead bracelet and crown making station!!! That's enjenious! Wish we could have been there.

Cazier Craziness said...

That cake is amazing. You guys are always so creative with the birthday cakes. I am so glad she had a great birthday.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Christi, your daughter is so beautiful, and I'm glad she had a fun birthday! Wish we still lived close so we could have come and shared it with you. :)

Unknown said...

Christi,
I felt so bad we missed the party. I remembered after it had already ended. We'd been running errands all morning and I had even gotten the girls excited and put it on the calendar. It was totally my fault for forgetting. We will try and bring over a gift and our apologies. I have you Pampered chef stuff too. I'm sorry!

The Checks Mix said...

Christi,

Your cake is amazing! Is it martzipan that you used to get that texture?