Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crazy Mommy...

Do you ever have a day where you feel like you can't do anything right? I have been having one of those years... A year ago my only responsibilities seemed to be getting Lucas to pre-school a couple of times a week and getting myself to work once a week. Well, since then I have added getting my son off to kindergarten everyday and picking him up on time every day (yeah, I know- sounds simple right...but I have missed picking him up a couple of times because I was lost in work and my computer reminder didn't go off and the school had to call me). Which leads to another one, working from home, which has been wonderful; but I will get so lost in what I am doing that I have forgotten to do several things with the kids that needed to be done- like picking up Lucas from school- or taking Abby to dance. Yet another thing I added- Abby's dance, which I swear she has only been to half of the time because I keep forgetting to get her there- my latest mistake has been that yesterday they were supposed to get their class pictures taken together- her class is usually on Wednesdays, and when I first read over her paper I was focused on the fact that I had to purchase her another outfit so that she would coordinate for the picture and assumed that photos were happening during class, since the top of the sheet said "Tuesday and Wednesday April 28 ad 29th. Well, when we got to the store at 4:00 yesterday to get her the outfit for the photos, I read the paper again and saw that her photo was scheduled for 3:30 yesterday. I was so upset at myself that I started crying- thankfully I have a sweet little girl that forgave me when I apologized for my mistake, but I bet she will ask me in a couple of weeks when all of the other girls have their cute pictures where her's is and why she doesn't have one...
Also, I have added Lucas doing karate- I haven't missed this yet becuase I have to meet Shawn in Orem to have him take Lucas the rest of the way to Karate in Alpine- but that is because Shawn skypes me a reminder to go- I have been late, though.
Added to all of this, I was asked to be Lucas's Room Mom, which when they asked me at the beginning of the year if I could do it, I said yes because my life wasn't as complicated; since then I have added two more part time jobs- the work from home one and working at Curves. I just feel like I started juggling a couple of balls- and was making that work, when all of the sudden I was tossed a knife and a torch and three other balls to work in it as well. But I am not catching them well at all. I still feel so bad about Abby's pictures...and she was supposed to turn in a check last week for her costume, but I was doing training for work in Salt Lake City and I forgot to give Shawn the check to take to her class- so, most likely, she won't get the costume she needs for her recital. I am the worst Dance Mom ever! I wonder often how my mother did it with 5 kids to juggle; I can't handle my two.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I do a joy school for Abby's pre-school; something that I haven't totally screwed up on yet, but it is another stress in my life and I am not that good at it...
I am just venting here- I am sure most of you who actually come to my blog won't even read this, but I am just feeling so bad, particularly about all of my mistakes with Abby's Dance, that I can't sleep and I needed a place to vent. Thanks for listening if you read the whole thing, if not, don't worry, I am not offended.
Christi

5 comments:

Zoey said...

Aw Christi. Everyone has those times in their life when things are hectic and crazy and it seems like nothing goes right. As you mentioned, you have a sweet little girl who certainly will not begrudge her mommy in the years to come for forgetting dance pictures. On top of that you have a wonderful husband and son who take care of you and will always be there to support you as well. Just remember that!

Were the pictures group shots or individuals? Have you thought about having a special dance picture day just for Abby at home? Set up a white sheet and have her do dance poses for you. With good lighting and then maybe some photoshop effects you could make some absolutely adorable pics. Plus, she'll still feel special getting the attention of the photo-session. =0)

I don't know about you but I am a major list person. When I have a lot on my plate I make daily and weekly lists of things that need to be accomplished and their timelines. For appointments or super important stuff, I cover all tracks and not only keep that list with me at all times but add reminders on my Outlook calendar, put it in my At-A-Glance calendar, write it on the home calendar and tell Alex too so he's my fail-safe. By setting up my own routine of checking my list every morning, I keep the important tasks at the forefront of my mind so they aren't missed. I'm sure you have your own way of doing things but just remember that you can never have too many reminders! ;0)

Kate said...

Christi - you are a great mom! Don't get down on yourself. I know it's easier said than done, and I think one of the trials we face as mothers is always doubting ourselves. It's good to get your frustrations out. But, now what I want you to do is think about all the ways you are an incredible mom to your children. I know it helps me put things in perspective.

Brian and I were just talking the other day how much we miss you and Shawn. We're so glad that we keep in touch with you, and it's been so much fun to keep up to date with all the things you do. :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there! You're a good mom. I'm sure kids learn forgiveness from there mothers, not just from the moms teaching it, but from making mistakes in need of it. I've made my share of those for sure!

Christi said...

Thanks for all of the supportive comments- I was feeling really down; thanks for the uplifting- it is so nice to have that support system of good friends to encourage me through the rough spots...thanks guys!!!

Cazier Craziness said...

Seriously Christi, We have all made these mistakes and are still making them. For example, I dropped Landon off at school the other day and five minutes later got a call from the school telling me to come and get him cause there was no Kindergarten that day! haha :) Oops!! I started putting everything in my phone calender and have it go off an hour or two before I have to get a kid somewhere. Hang in there. There will be other dance pics!!