Friday, April 24, 2009

Girls will be Girls...

So, today, Abby was over playing at a neighbor's house- there is a little girl there who is 5. Well, I went to check up on Abby, since she had been there for a while and I didn't want the other mom to feel like I was having her babysit (although, I was able to get some work done while she was gone!); so I went to check up on her and the other mom and I visted for a bit- no biggie, right? Well, as I was walking home, Heidi (the mother of the girl, Jessica) called for me to come back. Apparently, she went to check on the girls after I left- they were playing in their non-fenced in- facing a busy street backyard in the sand box. Well, apparently the girls saw on Curious George how if you add water to dirt, it makes mud- so they did this, but thinking that thier mommies would be angry about muddy pants, they decided to take off their pants AND underwear (don't forget- this is facing a busy street...).
So, we each got our respective girl dressed and as I was walking Abby home and telling her how she isn't allowed to take off her pants and underwear at people's houses, I decided to go one further and ask her if they pee'd in the sand box- "No, Mommy, I went pee in the mud...." Oh, Joy- yes, this is the mud that not only was all over their hands and feet, but also, weirdly, around her mouth....
So, I took her home and gave her a thorough bath and talking to- hopefully she won't do this again...

3 comments:

Zoey said...

LOL!! Oh dear... Funny, and a story that I'm sure will need to be retold time and time again to future friends and boyfriends of hers, but also a bit disturbing. Good luck with that!

Boyles Family said...

Hilarious! Abby just makes my day! And just FYI that's probably not the worst thing she's had in her mouth and she lived! Plus she's got a cute little butt and I'm sure covered in mudd and looking at the street she made more than one person laugh out loud and that's a good day when you can make someone do that, right Abby? Hang in there Christi! I'd like to tell you it gets easier, but Nick just called again and well what can I say?

Cazier Craziness said...

hahaha... so funny! Made me laugh and cringe at the same time!!