Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Abby's Birthday

Okay, here it is, the moment you have all been waiting for- the unveiling of Abby's AMAZING birthday cake that Shawn and I made- we made every part of it ourselves, the cake, the frosting, even the fondant which so beautifully covers it. I know I am sounding proud right now, but dang it, I am proud of this!
First: here is a picture of Abby ON her birthday- she got a cute toy Dr. set and she looked adorable in it:


And here it is, the piece de resistance:



5 comments:

Ruth said...

Okay, can I just say that you have every reason to be proud of that cake. As I scrolled down and saw the picture, honestly, I breathed a quiet "Oh." As in "Oh wow." And she is SUCH a cute doctor. Looks like a lot of fun.
Your sleeping schedule sounds like a dream. Every morning I pray for 2 hour naps. But that sounds almost EXACTLY like what I'm trying to do. We get up at 7, nap by 9 or so, and well, we just go from there depending on how the nap goes. But ideally, you're schedule is what I want. Uncooperative baby. Maybe she doesn't need more sleep. But she usually does sleep 12 hours at night, with a feeding in the middle. That is something I love.

Shelley said...

Holy Moley!! You out did yourself again. I though the cars cake was awesome! How did you learn how to do the fondunt (sp?) and what are the hearts made out of! Abby looks adorable and I'm glad she had a great birthday! You should be proud!

Cazier Craziness said...

I had no idea you guys have a blog. I am so excited. It's a great way to keep in contact without actually having to keep in contact. hehe :) The cake looks awesome. You guys did good. I can't believe Abby is so big.

Dave said...

That's an incredible cake! You guys should go into business. Abby looks so cute, congrats to her...

Shanna said...

That cake is amazing. Abby is so beautiful just like her mommy :) your little rug rats are growing so fast! They are super cute.