Friday, November 2, 2007

Water Diet

OK- Most of you know that I lost some weight recently- most of this I owe to exercising at Curves- well, really when I started at Curves I lost inches, but not weight. Finally I decided to diet as well, and what I did is so simple that I think anyone can do it and it costs nothing! I love 10 pounds in a month last November doing this!:
Drink 30 oz of water just a little before each meal- this is really hard for breakfast, so if you need to, have regular breakfast and when you get peckish in between lunch and dinner, drink your water then.
Cut portions- for one, this will already be affected by the lots of water drinking- but don't take seconds and avoid dessert whenever possible.
Try not to eat very much after 6 pm- sometimes this is hard and sometimes you don't eat dinner until after six- but try to make it not too much food!
That is it- you don't have to change what you eat, just how much of it! Oh, and you will have to use the bathroom way more often, but it is good for you!!
Good luck!
Christi

3 comments:

Kate said...

I've heard that you should drink water when you start to feel like snacking and it helps keep from eating too much.

I couldn't stop eating after 6 pm, though, because I like eating all day long...oh well. At least the boys keep me pretty active right now.

Dave said...

A lot of times when I'm hungry at odd hours of the day, I'll drink some water instead, and it usually works. Apparently, sometimes you feel hungry when you are actually thirsty.

Three other tricks I've been tring recently (I've also lost about 10 pounds over the past few months)

1) When you've finished your firsts, wait a few minutes before you think about seconds. I usually find out that I took the right amount of food the first time to fill me up.

2) Don't prepare as much variety at meals. This is tough for someone like me who likes to eat a lot of different things, but if you have 5 things on your plate, you'll try them all and eat more--if you only have three, you only eat three.

3) Replace something you would normally eat with a piece of fruit or a veggie. Most people really like some sort of fruit--why not have two apples a day instead of one? You'll find that you end up eating less of the more caloric stuff.

Anyway, congrats Christi! That's tough to do!

Shelley said...

Good for you Christi!! You lost it last November, or did you mean October, last month? You look great anyway. Way to go!!!!