Monday, June 23, 2008

Backyard camping!

So, this past Friday night we decided to set up the tent in the backyard for the kids to sleep in!We made Hobo dinners in the oven and roasted smores over the BBQ!
The kids took a little while to go to bed!
We grew curious when they were actually quiet for a while, it turned out that they were reading to themselves- it was so cute!


Finally they went to sleep at 11:00, then at 1:30, Lucas had a nightmare and came inside to go to bed. So, then at 4:30, Abby woke up enough to see that Lucas wasn't there anymore and started screaming. I came outside and she was sobbing and said, "Lucas disdappeared!" She was so distraught. I calmed her down and told her that Lucas went to bed inside and asked her if she wanted to come in also. She said no! She is such a brave little toaster! She only stayed out another 5 minutes before giving up and coming inside and going to bed, but at least she tried, for a 3 year old, I am dang proud of her!

4 comments:

The Downey Family said...

I can't believe how big Lucas is, that blows my mind. We haven't seen you guys forever, you look amazing. We miss the old BYU 137th ward. Those were such good times. Hope you are doing well

Zoey Boyles said...

oh my gosh, that is the cutest story I have ever heard. I loved the picture/caption play by play. So cute!

Cazier Craziness said...

Oh so fun! I can't wait till we have a backyard to let the kids camp in. They looked like they had a good time.

Shelley said...

What a good idea! Abby is such a brave little thing. And both are such cuties! Wow, time is flying by!!!!