Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall . . . the second most wonderful time of the year!

I LOVE FALL!!!!
I don't know what it is about it exactly that I love so much about fall. Maybe it is the fact that every fall for my growing up life was a time of change- of new things and moving on to a new place. Or (and this is the most likely) it is because for me, fall is all a big build up to Christmas!!!
Whatever the reason, I just love fall! I also LOVE conference weekend! I go into what Shawn calls a baking frenzy during General Conference. Over the past two weeks I have made Cinnamon Rolls, Zucchini bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, apple crisp (several times) and just during conference I made breakfast casserole, coffee cake, etc. I don't know what it is, but as soon as it turns cool, I begin to bake and that lasts me through Christmas and then after that I am pretty much done with it for the year. So, I was thinking that since I have the recipie for the best cinnamon rolls ever, I would share them with you all!

Cinnamon Rolls (supposedly it is the Cinnabun Recipie)

Roll dough:
1 pkg yeast
1 c warm milk
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c melted margerine
1 t salt
2 eggs
4 c flour

Make as bread dough; knead and place in an oiled bowl and let rise until double. Then roll out in a large rectagle shape (about 1/4 in thick and 21 in by 16 in)

Filling:
1/2 c melted margerine or butter
1 C brown sugar
2 1/2 T cinnamon

spread the melted margerine over the rolled out dough. Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the melted butter. (tip: leave the top 1/2 in bare so that it will stick to the dough when you roll it up.)

Roll it up and using string or floss or whatever you want to, cut into 1-2 inch thick rolls. Place in bake ware and let rise. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until light brown.

Icing (this is the best part):
1 stick softened butter or marg
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c cream cheese
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
Beat until fluffy.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Shanna Hartzell said...

Thanks for the cinnamon roll recipe!!! I have been looking for a good one. : ) I love the fall too because it means Christmas is looming.