Saturday, December 13, 2008

Abby-ism's

"Oh much fun it is to ride..." isn't she the cutest?!

Lately we have been working with the kids on remembering Christ during the sacrament- teaching them to think of him and to sit reverently and even to say a prayer.  This past Sunday as soon as the sacrament began Abby crossed her arms really tightly and squeezed her eyes shut as tight as they would go.  She sat like that for almost all of the bread portion of the sacrament and even whispered to Lucas to "be quiet it was time to think about Jesus."  But by the time the water was coming around she wanted to play toys.  She came up to Shawn and asked for a toy and he said it was still time to think about Jesus and she said "I already did- I'm all done thinking about Jesus!!!"  She said it loud enough that most of the people sitting around us heard- it was funny!

Whenever Abby get's hurt she milks it like you would not believe- she will have barely scraped her knee- the skin isn't even cut and she will walk around with a limp for DAYS!

Another cute story- we have a couple of nutcracker ornaments on our tree.  Well, one day she took a fancy to one of them and was holding it when I asked her to hang the nutcracker back on the tree she said, very insistently "It's not a nutcracker- it's a ten-thousand shoulder!!!"  I think she got it from the story of the "Steadfast Tin Soldier" on Fantasia 2000.  She still calls it that, too, even though I tried to tell her she was wrong- that is another thing- she is NEVER wrong- everyone else is!  I am scared for her teenage years!!!

3 comments:

Zoey said...

I love it when you post videos. That is SO cute. I also love the "I'm done thinking about Jesus!!!" quote. I can totally picture the scenario you laid out. Hilarious!

claire said...

Ok, we're trying to teach Piper to be quiet during the Sacrament too, but so far, both our kids just think, "hey it's quiet, must be my time to talk"
That was hilarious, I love Abby"s comments-and sometimes I agree!

Cazier Craziness said...

Haha... I love it! What a silly girl!