Monday, September 8, 2008

Abby and my time in Colorado!

So, on Aug 29, Shelley went into labor and Abby and I loaded up my car and headed out to Denver to be with her and help her out. Mostly we took care of Edison (her almost 2 year old son) while she was in the hospital and then cooked and cleaned and stuff when she came home.
Here are pictures of when we went to the hospital and met Stewart (new baby) for the first time.
Abby LOVED holiding Stewart and she even asked if we could take him home. He is a beautiful baby and I will admit, it got me thinking that we might be ready soon . . . but still don't hold your breath, I think it will still be another year before we can realisitcally do it!

Abby LOVED holding the baby- she is going to be an awesome big sister someday- if we can ever afford to have another one!

While we were there I offered to wake up with the baby for a couple of nights- I would have him wake me up and I would get Shelley who would feed him and I would change him and she would be able to just feed him and chrash- shockingly on these nights he only woke up ONCE during the night- for both nights! I think Shelley is wishing he could sleep that well for her because he hadn't done that before or since! What can I say, I am awesome!

All in all Abby and I had a great time and it was good for Abby to spend some time with her cousin- they only get to see each other once or twice a year, so it was good for them to bond. The only glitch was that when Abby and I were driving home on Sunday the 7th a radiator hose in the car burst when we were an hour on the road and we had to get towed (bless Cory for our triple A membership) and repaired in a nearby city that had a place that was open on Sunday and wait for it to be repaired. We weren't on the road again until 5:00, but Shawn was dying for us to get home, so we pressed on and got home at around midnight. It was a very long and tear filled day, but I couldn't have asked for a bettter travel companion than Abby- she just watched movies in the backseat and didn't complain once- in fact I more often had to stop for restroom breaks than she did! I don't know if it would have been as easy with out the car DVD player, but with it, Abby was a gem!

1 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! I'm all caught up on your blog, and I'm so glad you've got your computer up and running again. Your children are so darling - it was fun to see their adventure at the pumpkin patch and Abbey's first day of preschool. We miss you guys, but I'm so glad we can keep in touch with blogs. Also - cute blog template!